Entrepreneur’s Master Class (Module2) Overview
If an entrepreneur has validated the potential for their business opportunity (Module 1), so there appears to be a market, we know what it will take to build the product and the financial proposition is pragmatic and possible, then what next?
Successful start-ups have some special advantages, so how do we create and verify these advantages exist, this is a critical stage in the start-up life cycle and determines, how successful the business might be.
What are some of the types of advantage?
- A new technology or novel application of a technology
- An early start in an emerging market
- A cheaper, faster, better way of doing something
- A special relationship
- Control over some aspect of the supply/value chain
- Unique expertise or skill
- Highly protected and secure Intellectual Property
Objective of Module
Participants on completion of the Module will have a clear understanding of what is important at this early stage of creating a new business. They will have the knowledge to decide what is important for them to focus on now they have validated the potential of a business in the context of their own business. They will have a set of tools to enable them start creating and verifying the product/service & market.
Some topics that will be covered
- The purpose of Pilot’s and Prototypes
- Market entry planning and execution
- Messaging to customers and markets
- Controls & Compliance (Light touch)
- Role of founders as employees, managers, directors and shareholders
- Early stage financing